About Us

We believe …

In the love of God for all people,

In the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ by which we are all saved,

And in the joy and fellowship of the Holy Spirit by which we are made one

We draw our strength and purpose from our times of worship, but we also are committed to service in the community and wider worship, and to times of fun and laughter.

We celebrate two sacraments:  Holy Communion and Baptism.

  • The Table of the Lord is open to all who desire to share in its grace.  We believe it is an act of joyful and sacred remembrance as we recall the life Jesus freely gave.  We believe it is a time to remember that we are all one family of God in Jesus Christ.  And we believe it is a time to be reminded of the promise of the heavenly banquet with the risen Christ.
  • Baptism with water and the Holy Spirit is a recognition that we are all – from the time we are born – a part of the body of Christ.  It is a sign of God’s grace and forgiveness and the beginning of our faith journey.  With the sign of the cross upon your forehead comes the prayer that you will come to know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.  The United Church of Christ baptizes infants, children, youth and adults.

Membership in Trinity United Church of Christ is open to all who desire to join hearts, hands and voices in the worship and ministry of this church.  Members are received through Confirmation (Grade 7 and above), Letter of Transfer from another church or Affirmation of Faith.  For those who spend part of the year in another location and are active in a local church there, dual memberships are welcomed.


“We believe in God, the Eternal Spirit, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and our Father,

and to His deeds we testify:

“He calls the worlds into being,

creates man in His own image

and sets before Him the ways of life

and death.

“He seeks in holy love to save all people from aimlessness and sin.

“He judges men and nations by His righteous will declared through prophets and apostles.

“In Jesus Christ, the man of Nazareth, our crucified and risen Lord, He has come to us and shared our common lot, conquering sin and death and reconciling the world to Himself.

“He bestows upon us His Holy Spirit, creating and renewing

the Church of Jesus Christ, binding in covenant faithful

people of all ages, tongues and races.

“He calls us into His Church

to accept the cost and joy of discipleship,

to be His servants in the service of men,

to proclaim the gospel to all the world and resist the powers of evil, to share in Christ’s baptism and eat at His table, to join Him in His passion and victory.

“He promises to all who trust Him forgiveness of sins and

fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and

peace, His presence in trial and rejoicing, and eternal life

in His kingdom which has no end.

“Blessing and honor, glory and power be unto Him.  Amen.”


Our history reaches back to 1827 when Rev. George Weisz taught a catechism class to forty young people.  In 1838 they worshipped in the same building as the Lutherans, St. Paul’s Union House.  But then divisions arose when those of the Reformed Church introduced the use of English sermons and weekly prayer meetings.  Such public prayer on the part of the laity was not to be tolerated, some argued strongly … to the point that the Reformed Church found themselves locked out of the building.

On July 21, 1845 Trinity Reformed Church was organized at the home of Henry Leonard.  There were thirteen charter members.  It was born out of a conviction that the members of a church should have a say in the expression of their faith.

Over the years mergers with other denominations have changed the name from the original Trinity Reformed Church to Trinity Evangelical and Reformed in 1934, to the present Trinity United Church of Christ in 1957.  But the same spirit by which this church was born still remains. The responsibility for the mission and ministry of Trinity lies with the people who make it up.

This is actually our second house of worship. The first was built in 1847 at a cost of about $2500.  The present structure was built in 1899 at a cost of $8,725.09. It was dedicated on December 10th of that same year. The same bell has called us to worship since 1847.

But as important as our history is to us, and as proud as we are of our building, the church is really the worship in which we join and the fellowship we share as members of this household of faith.


Jill Dunlap became pastor in August of 1990.  Born and raised in Waterbury Connecticut she did her undergraduate work at Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania and got her Masters of Divinity from Andover Newton Theological School in Newton Centre, Massachusetts.  Before coming to Baltimore she served two churches in Indiana, St. John’s UCC in Centerpoint and Bethany UCC in West Terre Haute.  Jill has three sons, Andrew, Jonathan and Adam.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>